Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Over Night Oats

Oatmeal for breakfast is super simple, and good for you.  I eat it quite frequently.  I have noticed on healthy food blogs, they tend to make a lot of "Over Night Oats," and I have always been interested in it.  I wasn't quite sure how I would like eating Oatmeal cold, and I have to admit it was a little WEIRD, BUT it was tasty, and a fun new way to eat it!  Also, it's ready right when you get up, so all you have to do is grab a spoon and dig in.  There are so many different variations as to what can be put in it, so experiment!  You just need some sort of liquid substance, and a lot of the bloggers use yogurt, plus some other milk product usually.  If you want to change it up a little you have to try this!  This would also be perfect for a hot summer morning! By the way I am running low on my last little bit of pumpkin. ;)
Pumpkin Over Night Oats
MmmmMmm!

Prep Time: About 3-5 minutes
Rest Time: Over night
Servings: 1(easily multiplied)
Difficulty: Super Easy

Pumpkin Over Night Oats
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1/3 cup Almond Milk(any milk will do)
  • 1 Tbls Brown Sugar
  • 1/8 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • sprinkle of Craisins(dried cranberries)

Are you ready for this?! Add all ingredients except dried cranberries into a bowl.

Mix it up, cover with a lid or plastic wrap.  Place in the fridge, and let the magic happen over night. ;)



When you are ready for breakfast, remove lid or plastic wrap, sprinkle on the dried cranberries, or desired toppings, and dig in!


Enjoy!
I changed the original recipe that I found on Food Fitness Fresh Air
Question of the Day:

Have you ever had cold oatmeal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!