Friday, January 27, 2012

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Mmmm...garlic cheese biscuits-that's all I need to say right?!  How about I add that these biscuits taste darn close to the delicious melt in your mouth biscuits you get at Red Lobster...nuff said now.  Who doesn't go to Red Lobster just for the biscuits??? They have some pretty good other food too, but man oh man they are good, and these are so close it's not even funny.  Now I can stay home, whip these up, sit on the couch and have my biscuits for dinner...ha just kidding, but that's what I want to do.  These are unbelievably simple too!  I shared(surprisingly:)) these with my family, and they all LOVED them!  Huge hit.  I bet these would even be great at a Super Bowl party!  These definitely don't fall on the healthy side, but it's alright once in awhile, so go ahead, whip these out, and thank me later. :)

By the way, if you have leftovers, store them in a Ziploc bag, or container-throw them back in the oven before serving, and they will crisp back up on the outside, and be amazing.
Say it with me "OH MY GOODNESS!"



Prep Time: Total is about 20 minutes
Bake Time: 13-15 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 biscuits
Difficulty: Easy


Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Ingredients:
for the biscuits:
  • 2½ cups Bisquick
  • 4 Tbls cold Butter
  • 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • ¾ cup Milk
  • ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
for the butter glaze:
  • 3 Tbls Butter
  • ½ tsp Garlic Powder
  • ¾ tsp Dried Parsley Flakes

Preparation:
Combine Bisquick and cold butter in a large mixing bowl using two forks or a pastry cutter. (I'm sure you know what I used:)) I don't own a pasty cutter.  Mix together until little balls form.


Add shredded cheese, milk, and garlic powder.  Stir together until combined.
Pre heat oven to 400º


Grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper.  Drop by about a ¼ cup portions onto baking sheet.  Bake for 13-15 minutes, until tops of biscuits turn light brown. 


While biscuits are baking melt butter for the glaze in microwave.  Add in garlic powder, and parsley flakes.  Stir to moisten the parsley flakes, and sort of bring them back to life.


When biscuits are done, brush butter mixture over tops, then lightly sprinkle with salt. 



Now go ahead an dig in! Enjoy!


I found this great recipe at The Girl Who Ate Everything


Follower Shout-Out!
Welcome to my blog Mom! :) Thanks for following, and thanks for the comments!
You're the best!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness yum! superbowl is next weekend ha ha love your creations:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy you guys loved these biscuits! Maybe we will have to make these for the superbowl!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!