Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Naked Chicken Burrito(mock Qdoba's)

I'm finally back in business! Just got my computer back today, and I hope I never get a virus again. Ugh, what a pain.  I am happy to be blogging again that's for sure!
The day is finally here to share my homemade mock Naked Chicken Burrito that I LOVE from Qdoba Mexican Grill!  My husband and I love this Naked Burrito which obviously means everything that Qdoba packs into a burrito but without the tortilla.  This is the closest I have come to their recipe, and it is so darn close it's not even funny.  I now will stick with this recipe every time, because you can't tell much of a difference.  I'm proud of myself. ;) If you have ever been to either Qdoba or Chipotle's and have fallen in love with their burritos, be sure to try this recipe at home.  It does take a little bit of time because of the few different recipes that go with it, but it is worth it, and I ate a naked burrito here at home for over a week.  I didn't get tired of it either, and I am ready to make it again.  Let me know if you try this, or any of the recipes, and let me know what you think!


Total Prep and Cook Time: about 1 hour 15 minutes(totally make the rice and guac ahead of time-even the day before to cut down on total time in the kitchen in one day!)
Rest Time: at least 1 hour for the marinade(I waited 4 long hours-it was great)
Servings: My husband and I both had about 4 servings of this-It makes a lot(Leftovers and just as good!)
Difficulty: Intermediate

I have already posted all the recipes that go with this Naked Chicken Burrito.  You can make the rice and guacamole ahead of time which is nice and saves time.  Here are the recipes, and in what order I would make them.

Cilantro Lime Rice  This is delicious and SO simple!

Simple Guacamole  a very easy and tasty guacamole

Chipotle Pepper Marinade for Chicken  this is amazing.  Qdoba grills their chicken, so I cooked mine on a charcoal barbecue, and it turned out great.


Those are the basics to the Naked Chicken Burrito.  Here is a list of the other toppings I add.  You can add any or all of these, or change some things up, but these flavors go together great.

Black Beans or Pinto(rinsed and drained) I always use black beans
Shredded Cheese-any will do.  I used a pre shredded Mexican blend
Sour Cream-I used low fat Tillamook
Salsa-Any kind(s) that are you favorite- At Qdoba I usually have Pico de Gallo and Salsa Verde but I didn't make any Pico, so I used bottled Salsa Verde, and Cilantro Salsa that is my fav.  You can use whatever salsa floats your boat. :)
Optional that I didn't have on my burrito:
Onion(there are onions in the Guacamole so I opted out on this but would normally order my burrito with onions also
Corn/corn salsa-they have a really good corn salsa at Qdoba too

Here is how you assemble these burritos:
In a shallow serving bowl add the Cilantro Lime Rice

Top with a little bit of beans


Chop the chicken into bite size pieces, and add it on top of the beans.  However much your stomach desires.


Add your salsa(s) of choice


Sprinkle on a little(or a lot) of cheese


Top with a dollop of Sour Cream and Guacamole. 


At Qdoba I always order a side of chips, and turn this into a dip.  It's SO good.  I served mine at home with warm Homemade Flour Tortillas which was amazing too.  I tear off a little piece of tortilla and pinch some grub in between the tortilla so it still acts as a dip.  By all means, eat this with a fork if you would like, it is just as good I swear. 
Enjoy!  I really hope you all try this, I can't wait to make it again!
See ya soon!
~Ashleigh

 

11 comments:

  1. Superbowl food:) hope you will help me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler and Tara would really enjoy this! Healthy superbowl food! Of course I'll help. :)

      Delete
  2. That rocks! I'll have to try this out! I use the pico & salsa verde at Qdoba too! Hellofa good combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really good! Let me know if you try it! It is definitely a great combo! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the recipe for the steak?!!!!!!! You have truly made my day. Got a long weekend so enough time is on the table for this wonderful meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashleigh, you have made my sons day. I brought he home a naked burrito last night for dinner,he's never had it and didn't think he'd like it. This kid, young man lol, is picky!!!! He fell in love from the first bite! This morning he told me he woke up craving it and wanted another. Problem is, I work a little more than an hour from home and Qdoba

    ReplyDelete
  6. MsKt72- I don't have a marinade recipe for the steak because I always have chicken when I go to Qdoba. I don't know what it tastes like, sorry! I hope your son enjoys these naked burritos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this for dinner tonight! Delish! Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was Amazing! I made it last night, and it was a huge hit! Thanks Ashleigh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!