OH MY GOODNESS I want more...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: let sit in refrigerator for AT LEAST an hour(I let mine sit for 4 hours)
Servings: enough marinade for 3 chicken breasts
Chipotle Pepper Marinade for Chicken
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce-seeds removed
- 2 Tbls Adobo Sauce(from the can)
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper(or more-up to you)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 3 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Red Onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tbls Olive Oil
- 3 Chicken Breasts(stabbed with a fork to let marinade do it's magic)(chicken strips or tenders would be fine too)
Add the first 8 ingredients to your food processor.
Pulse until smooth. While you are pulsing slowly add in the Olive Oil until it becomes a good consistency.
Place chicken in a ziploc bag, and pour marinade over top. Close bag, and move chicken around to make sure it is covered in sauce. Place in refrigerator, and let sit for a good amount of time. I let mine sit for 4 hours, and it turned out awesome.
I cooked our chicken on the briquette barbecue for that charbroil flavor. YUM. I am trying to replicate Qdoba's chicken remember??? I came darn close! This was as close as I can get, and I am very happy with it! Try it, it is amazing.
Have a great day!