Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan Cheese

Why would green beans be so hard for me to figure out how I wanted to prepare them?? I have no idea, but I had these green beans in my refrigerator for quite awhile, while I thought and thought about how to cook them.  FINALLY(just before they were going bad) I found a recipe!  I am SO glad I roasted these because they turned out so delicious!  This is truly my new favorite way to cook fresh green beans!  You definitely have to try these!!
Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan Cheese
Delish!



Prep Time:  5-8 minutes
Bake Time:  15-20 minutes
Servings:  1 hefty handful feeds 2
Difficulty:  Super Easy!

Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan Cheese
Ingredients:
  • 1 hefty handful fresh Green Beans, trimmed
  • 1/4 tsp-1 tsp Garlic Powder, depending on your garlic preference(we LOVE garlic)
  • sprinkle of Garlic Salt (If you have it.  We love Lawry's Garlic Salt)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 Tbls-2 Tbls Olive Oil
  • 2 Tbls Parmesan Cheese, shredded(I used pre shredded of course :))

Trim off ends of green beans.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spread green beans out on foil in one layer.  Try not to let the green beans overlap.  Sprinkle with garlic powder, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. 


Drizzle olive oil over beans.  Toss to evenly coat.


Place in oven, and bake 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and roll beans to evenly brown.  Return to oven and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly wilted.


Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over green beans and maow.  These will be a perfect tender crisp. AMAZING.


I found the base for this recipe on Skinny Taste
she is pretty much amazing.

Question of the Day:
What is your favorite way to cook fresh green beans?? I'd LOVE more ideas so it doesn't take me so long to figure out what to make next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!