Monday, November 14, 2011

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes

I had a head of cauliflower in my refrigerator, and I wondered what I was going to make with it.  I announced to my husband that cauliflower was going to be involved with dinner is some way.  He immediately thought of Cauliflower Pancakes, what a good idea.  I have made them once before, and he loved them.  They are the same concept as potato pancakes.  These are so simple, and a perfect side to any dinner.  If you like potato pancakes you should try these! 
Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
So cheesy and delicious!



Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: about 15 minutes(without steaming the cauliflower)
Servings: makes about 10 pancakes that are about 3"-4" wide
Difficulty: Easy

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 1 large head of Cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces, and steamed(or boiled until soft)
  • 1 cup Medium Cheddar Cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
  • 2 large Eggs
  • 1/2-1 tsp Salt, depending on level of saltiness you want
  • olive oil for frying

Steam, or boil cauliflower until soft.


Add cauliflower to a large bowl, and mash into tiny pieces.



Add in cheese, eggs, bread crumbs, and salt. Mix until combined.





Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil into a skillet, and turn on medium-medium high heat.  Spoon mixture into pan, shape and flatten into a round "pancake" shape, that should be about 3"-4" wide.  Takes 2 big heaping table spoons.  Let brown for a few minutes, then flip.  Be careful when flipping, so they don't fall apart.





Serve warm!  Delish!  These are tasty, and a new fun side dish! Let me know if you make them, and how you like them!




Enjoy!

Question of the Day:

Have you ever experimented with Cauliflower Pancakes?  What about Broccoli Pancakes...if there is such a thing?? My brother was wondering about those, any ideas on them?



2 comments:

  1. I just made these and have to say they were very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I'm so glad you liked these! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!