Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Simple Guacamole

Guacamole is a dip made from Avocados, and is originally from Mexico.  It is delicious, and can be made so many different ways.  You can use it as a dip, a topping, a spread(great on sandwiches) or even my mock BLT(BTA wrap) which by the way is made with an avocado cream(with sour cream) which is amazing!  A very popular way to make Guacamole is by adding tomatoes.  We don't do that around here.  When I eat Guacamole, I want a big mouthful of Avocado, and that is what I want to taste the most.  Plus my Husband has sort of sworn off tomatoes for a little while-no idea why, but that is alright with me, for NOW.  If you are looking for a great tasting, quick guacamole, try this out.  It's our favorite!
MmmMMM good!
Plus this goes into my mock version of Qboba's burrito...stay tuned!

Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
No Cook Time
Servings:  4-6
Difficulty: Super Easy

Simple Guacamole
Ingredients:(these amounts are approximations-taste as you go for your preference)
  • 3 whole ripe Avocados
  • 4 thin slices of Red Onion
  • 2 Tbls fresh squeezed Lime juice
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, pressed
  • ½ tsp Salt(or more to your liking)
  • additional options: garlic powder(YUM) black pepper(I never use it in my Guac)



Preparation:
Cut avocado in half, remove seed, scoop out avocado from the peel, and place in a mixing bowl.

Using a fork, mash the avocado until the consistency you like.  I like mine creamy, but it would also be good with chunks!


Chop the onion into very small pieces, and add to the avocado, along with the lime juice, garlic, salt, and whatever else you decide to throw in there!



Stir together, and you are ready to dig in!  Yum, and SO simple!



Have a great day everyone!
~Ashleigh

5 comments:

  1. I have never made guacamole. I should totally try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? You should make it! It's so easy, and yummy! Make it when avocados are on sale, and it ends up being really cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just made this guacamole and it's the best one I've ever had. Guac is pretty uncommon over here in the UK so it's great to be able to get people to try it! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best guacamole recipe I have ever made! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best recipe for guacamole I have ever made!! Iove it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!