Saturday, August 27, 2011

BTA Wraps(Big twist on the BLT)

Good Afternoon everyone!  Hope you are all doing great!  I got out and did a little shopping today, but it was so hot, I'm glad to be back home in the air conditioning!  I had some leftover bacon from my breakfast quesadilla yesterday, so I thought I would use it up today, and not have to cook until dinner tonight! I came up with a BTA Wrap.  Bacon Tomato, and Avocado Cream.  YUM! Boy am I glad I did! :) That means TWO recipes today, hold on to your britches! Here is the final product to get your mouth watering.

BTA Wraps

Avocado Cream
Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe avocado, peeled, and seed taken out
  • 1 1/2 tbls fresh squeezed lime juice
  • 4 tbls sour cream
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder

Cut your avocado in half, and take the seed out.

Place avocado in a small bowl, and mash.

Add in sour cream
Mix until combined.  Add salt, and garlic powder.
Final product!  You will have leftovers of this if you only make a a few wraps.  This is really good eaten like normal guacamole, with chips.


BTA Wraps

Ingredients:(makes 2)
  • 2 Gordita size flour tortillas(can you tell I am trying to use these up:))
  • dollop of avocado cream(on each)
  • 4 thick slices of tomato
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 slices of cooked bacon(crispy)


Lay out your tortillas, and plop a dollop of avocado cream in the middle, and spread it down the center.

Slice up the tomato, and cut each piece in half. Lay two pieces on each tortilla.

Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt and pepper on the tomato.

Top with a piece of bacon on each one. Roll it up, and enjoy! You could add lettuce if you like too, it would be good.  There are so many good flavors going on here, and it is so creamy, mmMmm!




Question of the Day:
Do you like your BLT's the old fashioned way, or do you like to switch things up a bit?

I definitely LOVE the original BLT, don't get me wrong, but I loved adding this avocado cream, and I WILL make it again!
Well I'm off for the day, going to brave the heat outside to throw the ball for my dog Zoei, and play in the hose together. :) Have an awesome day!! Thanks again for ALL of the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!