The night before last my husband and I were given some cooked Jasmine rice from our neighbor here along with some yummy smoked beef brisket. My neighbor cooked it for a LONG time, and shared with us. It was mighty yummy! Now my husband wants a smoker, go figure. :) Needless to say last nights dinner was fried rice, and smoked beef brisket. It was awesome! Here is my fried rice recipe I threw together last night. I just used up veggies I had left in my fridge. I have to say this was the best fried rice I have made though.
Ashleigh's Fried Rice
- About 3 cups of rice. Any rice will do, I would probably have used brown rice, but the Jasmine rice was yummy. (Thank you Rini!)
- 2 TBLS Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup fresh Green Beans, cut into bit size chunks(I used less because that was all I had)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Broccoli Slaw, diced up...secret veggie that you can't even tell is there :) I used the packaged broccoli slaw you get at the store, so it has some carrots, and red cabbage in it also.
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 4 TBLS Soy Sauce. I use the reduced sodium Soy Sauce(I don't like too much soy sauce to over power everything, so adjust the amount to suit you)
First cut up all your veggies
Add olive oil, veggies, and garlic to pan. Cook for a few minutes.
MmmMmm yummy goodness
Add rice to pan, and cook for a little while. Until the rice is heated through.
Add in 3TBLS of soy sauce, and fry it! I like mine to get a little crispy on some pieces.
Whisk eggs. Clear a little area in the same pan, and pour the eggs in. Cook, then stir all together.
Add the remaining TBLS of soy sauce, mix together, and it's done! YUM!
Question of the Day: (Also, I figured I am asking you all questions, I better answer them too!)
What is your favorite type of rice, and how do you like to eat it?
Alright confession time, :) I LOVE plain old white rice, and I could eat a big ol' bowl with butter and salt. Holy YUM! BUT...I don't do that very often at all :( instead I cook brown rice, and it just isn't the same! Healthier though for sure, so I am alright with that.
Well I'm off of here for the day, talk to you all tomorrow!