Spicy Egg and Bacon Breakfast Quesadilla
I hope I'm not making you jealous that I am eating this, this very second, and enjoying every little bite ;)
Ingredients: (This makes 1 serving, for one HUNGRY person:)) easily doubled, or tripled...
- 2 small flour tortillas. The ones I used actually say Gordita on the front. They are about the size of corn tortillas
- 1/8 cup(about) of green pepper, diced
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 small jalapeno, diced small(if you don't want it spicy, leave this out)
- splash of olive oil for frying veggies
- dash of seasonings, I used garlic powder, onion powder, and seasond salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese(if you don't want it spicy, try cheddar, or whatever cheese you have on hand)
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked to a crisp, and crumbled
- 1/8 cup of salsa of choice. I used my all time favorite, La Victoria Cilantro Salsa Medium(if you don't want it spicy, try mild salsa)
- dollop of sour cream
First cook your bacon until crispy. When cooked place on a couple paper towels on a plate, let cool. Drain bacon grease in glass container, and use paper towel to wipe excess grease out of pan, to use later.
Dice up veggies. Tomatoes would be good in this too, but I use what I have on hand.
Add veggies, and dash of olive oil to a pan, and saute for a few minutes
Add seasonings, stir, and add both eggs
scramble eggs with veggies until cooked. Mean while crumble cooled bacon into chunks.
spray a pan with cooking spray, lay tortilla down with 1/2 of the cheese
top with bacon then egg mixture
then top with the rest of the cheese
Top with the other tortilla, and spray with cooking spray.
Check the bottom here and there, and when it is turning a light brown color, flip. Be careful because the insides might fall out. Easiest if you get your hand a little dirty, and squish the top tortilla down while flipping it.
When bottom side is brown, it is done! Transfer to a plate, and top with salsa, and sour cream. YUM! Time for you to dig in!
Question of the Day:
Do you enjoy spicy food?
I already answered that in the post, but I could handle making just about everything spicy :)
Just to update you, my husband and I did go to the fair last night, and we had a blast! We really enjoyed visiting the goats. They were so friendly, and we were able to pet a tiny baby goat, that was so precious! He loved us too, and loved the scratches we were giving him. I felt sad leaving him. :( It was so much fun just walking around and checking everything out. Every fair seems to be the same to a certain extent, but I go every year, can't miss it. They actually had a concert here at this fair, and guess who we saw?? Kenny Rogers! It was fun seeing him perform, he is getting old, but still sounds good. :)
Well I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll be here, same place tomorrow :)