Saturday, November 12, 2011

On My Radar #4

Good morning readers!  We officially had our first snow fall last night!  I saw on the news last night, that the rain we were getting was to turn into snow over night.  So right when I woke up I peeked outside, and there it was! About an inch and still coming down.  I am one of those crazy people who do love the snow...especially the first snow fall, it gets me all excited, and giddy inside. 
Snow means the Holidays are nearing.
Snow means bundling up in our favorite sweaters, scarves, gloves, coats, and boots.  I definitely love dressing for winter. 
Snow means hot cocoa with marshmallows. 
Snow means sledding, building snowman, and snow angles with the kids.
But snow definitely has some down falls too...

Snow means more car accidents(ugh worst part)
Snow means shoveling...lots.
Snow means waking up early to make it to work on time.
Snow means puddles of water in your entry way, or stepping on chunk of snow that made it in your living room, and getting your socks all wet(so true right?!-hate this by the way!)

Oh, but I love it! That is until about half way through winter, then I'll be more than ready for Spring!
Lets enjoy these warm dishes to warm us up while it snows(or not depending on where you are-but you can sit back and enjoy these pictures while you think of me shoveling off my porch after I finish this post. :))


Food Network made this amazing
Low-Cal Fettuccine Alfredo
Yum! I'll do wheat noodles, and add some chicken! Stay tuned!

Food Network also made this
Light Chicken Potpie
and it looks awesome.  I'll try this out for sure!
Picture of Light Chicken Potpie Recipe

White Chicken Chili
That I can't wait to make.  I've never made white chicken chili before!
White Chicken Chili

Eat Better America also made this
Turkey and Spinach Manicotti
I love stuffed manicotti, so this will be a nice twist!

Turkey and Spinach Manicotti


Thanks for reading again!  I hope you have a great Weekend!  Go play in the snow if you have some! See you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!