Saturday, September 17, 2011

Canned Tomato Soup Dressed Up

Hi ya all!  Hope you are all having a great Saturday!  Today is my friend's wedding that I am a bridesmaid in.  I am so excited for her, and her future husband!  They make a great couple, and this wedding will be amazing I know it.  I am also loving this cooler weather!! Might not love it too much when I have to put on the spaghetti strap dress for the wedding though! :) Oh, well I will make it!  This cooler weather is the perfect time to whip up a batch of my Canned Tomato Soup Dressed Up!  It warms the soul, and the belly! It is SO simple, and really does taste homemade! 
Canned Tomato Soup Dressed Up
Ingredients:(serves 2-4)
  • 1 can(10 3/4oz) Tomato Soup, condensed


  • Milk(1 tomato soup can full)
  • a sprinkle of dried oregano
  • a sprinkle of dried basil
  • a sprinkle of a garlic and herb blend(I used a Safeway brand)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbls grated parmesan cheese

First prepare tomato soup from instructions on can.  I used Milk, you can use water if you want, it wont be as thick.  Add seasonings, stir, and simmer.  You need to stir frequently to prevent the soup from sticking to the bottom, and burning.  I let mine simmer for about 15 minutes to let the dried herbs come to life.  Serve with parmesan cheese on top.  My husband and I shared the can of soup, but you can easily divide it into smaller portions.  Enjoy this simple and yummy soup! One day I WILL make homemade!

Question of the Day:


Do you dip sandwiches in tomato soup? If so, what kind of sandwich?

Of course I dip sandwiches in tomato soup! I was just thinking how it is a standard fare, and how that would be a no brainer, BUT I may be the only crazy one out there who does dip!  I ALWAYS dip my grilled cheese sandwich in tomato soup, YUM.  The Fajita Turkey Melts my husband and I made yesterday were too flavorful to dip, we enjoyed the individual flavors of the sandwich and soup alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!