Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkin Butter

PUMPKIN, PUMPKIN, PUMPKIN! Can you tell what is on my mind?! I can't get enough of that stuff!  I made this amazing pumpkin butter last year, and I just fell in love with it.  It is SO easy, and you can put it on/in anything! It makes a good size batch, so you can experiment with it.  I have a few more recipes with it that I want to try.  It's been a rainy day here today, and what is better than staying inside and cooking up a batch of this wonderful  pumpkin butter.  It makes your house smell amazing.  You HAVE to try this!
Pumpkin Butter
And don't be ashamed to have a spoonful or two right out of the pan! :)


Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: about 40 minutes
Servings: 14(1/4 cup each)
Difficulty: super easy

Pumpkin Butter
Ingredients:
Recipe slightly altered from Gina's Skinny Recipes(by the way I LOVE her blog!)
  • 1 can(29oz) pumpkin puree(not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup apple cider
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar



In a large pot add the can of pumpkin puree.
Add the vanilla extract.

I used this fresh cider I purchased at the apple orchard last weekend. It is so fresh, pure, and delicious!


Add the cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.

Add the packed brown sugar, and mix well.


Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes until thickened. 
Now spoon it into your mouth, and enjoy the warm, sweet, pumpkin flavor! YUM!

oh my goodness this stuff is SO good, I am going to have some on my whole wheat english muffin now. :) I swear you will LOVE this if you like pumpkin! Try it, and let me know! :)
Question of the Day:


Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipe? If so, please share! I can't wait to make more pumpkin dishes!
Have a great day everyone! Thank you again for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!