Friday, September 2, 2011

Easy and Delicious Chicken Curry

Good morning! It's Friday woohoo! What does everyone have planned for this Labor Day weekend? The last long weekend for a while, take advantage of it! :)  I will do a separate post for the weekend/week news that I have for all of you.  I don't want to interrupt this Chicken Curry post too much.:)

I have made this Chicken Curry many many times, and we both love it.  I usually make this in the crock pot, but BOTH of my crock pots are at home...doesn't make sense to me, but that is what happened.  I knew it would be simple to make it on the stove, so I went for it.  It turned out just the same, and it was still REALLY easy!  I didn't time myself, but I swear it took less than 20 minutes to make this, not including making the rice, or whatever you decide to serve it over.  Let's get started!
Chicken Curry
MmmMmm Scrumptious!



Ingredients:(makes about 6-8 servings)
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • splash of olive oil for cooking chicken
  • 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
  • 2 tsp curry powder, divided
  • 1 (10 3/4 oz) 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken soup
  • 1/4 cup milk(I use Fat Free)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • dash of pepper(I never measure pepper because mine is in a grinder)

That's it!!!  I know a lot of people put a lot of different toppings on curry, and by all means, put whatever you want on top!  My husband and I like it simple, just chicken curry on rice.  Although, while eating it last night, I told my husband that pineapple would be good in it, and he agreed.  I am not the person to add sweetness to something that is intended to be savory, but it really did sound good, and I know it would work.  Go ahead and add whatever you want!  I know some people who top curry with raisins, or nuts, so it is completely up to you!
First cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces
Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan, and toss in the chicken.  Add 1 tsp curry powder to chicken. 

Chop up green onions.  I used 3 medium sized. 

Add to the chicken

Open Cream of Chicken Soup and add to chicken.


Add the other 1 tsp curry powder, then milk.  Stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes. 

Time to chow!!


Enjoy!!

Question of the Day:

How do you serve up curry?? Any certain toppings you like?

See ya in a bit for a weekend/week plan! :)

2 comments:

  1. hehe; good question for us!! how do we serve up curry?? almost daily with lots of spicy additions :-) this recipe looks great. i'm glad i came by your blog today for some ideas because as usual i was wondering what to make again today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, I know you and your hubby are probably the king and queen when it comes to making curry! I love spicy foods, and I would love to try yours! Thanks for stopping by for ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!