Thursday, September 1, 2011

Peach Cobbler

Hello again!  Thanks for continuing to read my blog.  I really am loving this, and enjoying the comments a lot.  I told you all I made peach cobbler, remember?! How could you forget. :)  I found this recipe online on http://www.myrecipes.com/, you can find the recipe here.  It turned out quite yummy, but there are a couple changes I would do.  It was considered an easy cobbler recipe, and it really was.  Peaches are in season, well actually towards the end of the season I think.  I went to Safeway(which I really don't like all that much) because it was close, and grabbed five peaches, and it was less than 2 dollars! I thought that was pretty darn good, but I didn't shop around so I'm not sure if .99cents a pound is the going rate for them or not right now.  I was happy with it though.  Sorry to say my husband and I didn't cut into the cobbler until later at night, so I didn't get too many good pictures.  I'll share with you what I have. 
Peach Cobbler

This was my second time making peach cobbler, and both tries turned out good.  My Mother In-Law makes a pretty mean peach cobbler if I do say so myself.  My husband loves it, and she makes it for him when we get together. :)  If you want a simple, and quick peach cobbler on the table in no time, definitely try this out!

Peach Cobbler
Ingredients:(makes 10 servings) I halved the recipe, but will give you the full version, and I will tell you what I will do different next time, and you can decide how you would like to make it. :)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter( I think you can do with less butter for sure. You will see in my picture that it sort of engulfed my batter)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar, divided (I halved it, so I only used 1 cup, divided, and it was too, much. I would cut 1/4 cup out)
  • 1 tbls baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 cups fresh peach slices(I halved it, so I needed 2 cups peaches, and that was about 3 peaches)
  • 1 tbls lemon juice
  • ground cinnamon or nutmeg(optional)


First thing you want to do, is peel and slice up the peaches. I guess I peeled mine the hard way, without blanching them.  Here is a step by step process which might make it easier.
Melt the butter.  I melted it in the microwave in a little dish.  Pour it into 13x9" baking pan.  I halved the recipe so I used a 8x8" pan.  Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.

Add milk.

Mix together just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour over butter. Do not stir.
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.

Pour over batter.  Do not stir.
Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.  I HAD to have cinnamon!
Bake at 375 degree, for 40 to 45 minutes(depending on pan size) or until golden brown.  Serve cobbler warm, or cool.  I served ours with ice cream of course! Yum!
Enjoy!

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite kind of cobbler to make? Or fruit dessert?

I have only made peach cobblers, but I am totally going to try all different kinds! I love fruit!

Well I am off for today, my husband and I have some errands to run. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!