Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting

Hello again pumpkin my love! So nice of you to make your presence again.  I found the big can of pumpkin puree at the grocery store for $2.09 the other day, so I grabbed a couple.  I thought that was a pretty good deal.  This morning I whipped up a batch of these amazing cupcakes!  The cakes are so moist, and flavored with just the right amount of pumpkin.  They are really good without the frosting too, I know, I tried one.  Quality Control. :)  BUT the pumpkin cream cheese frosting is delicious, and really compliments these cupcakes.  I promise there isn't too much pumpkin flavor, just the right amount, and perfect amount of sweetness.  I love cupcakes, but when the frosting is piled high, and really sweet, I can't finish a whole thing.  I made this frosting, and piped it on the cupcakes thinly, after all it is made with cream cheese, which can overpower the flavor of the cupcake.  I shared these with the people at my Mom's work, and they loved them!  I know you will too, and they are SO simple to make.  Secret is...they are made with boxed cake mix!! Try these out, and let me know how much you love them ;)
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
How cute are these?!
For Cupcakes without frosting
Prep Time: about 5 minutes(30 minutes or so for cool down also)
Cook Time: 20-24 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
Servings: 24 regular size cupcakes
Difficulty: Easy
Cupcake recipe is from Betty Crocker and slightly altered
Frosting is from Gina's Skinny Recipes slightly altered
Cupcake Ingredients:


  •  1 box Betty Crocker super moist yellow cake mix(I used the generic kind, sorry Betty!:))



  • 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
  •  1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl add the box of cake mix and pumpkin puree.
Add the water, oil, and eggs.

Add the pumpkin pie spice, and mix well.


Line cupcake pan with paper cups, or spray with cooking spray.  Spoon batter into cups, and fill 2/3 way full.


Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool completely before frosting.  They take about 30 minutes to cool.


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: about 5 minutes
Servings: 24(If thinly frosted)
Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
  • 1 8oz package cream cheese(1/3 less fat)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree(not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar

In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients. :)
Now dip a spoon in and taste it to do more quality control! :) It's delicious!
Frost cupcakes as desired, and enjoy!!!


Top with sprinkles if you would like!

Enjoy!

Question of the Day:
Do you enjoy A LOT of frosting or just A LITTLE, and what is your favorite frosting??

I LOVE cream cheese frosting, but would love to make others to try them!  Anyone have great frosting recipes???

1 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, looks tasty! I'm always looking for more pumpkin recipes! I love chocolate buttercream frosting on cakes and cupcakes! Or royal icing :)But I don't think you can really go wrong with any frosting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!