Monday, September 12, 2011

Scrambled Egg and Turkey Sandwich

Hello!! I am back, and ready to get cooking. :) Sorry I didn't post much AT ALL while I was away.  I was busy visiting family, friends, and attending a bachelorette party, and bridal shower.  I had a blast all week, but am glad to be back to cooking for my husband and I again.  I hope you all had a great week! I can't wait to catch up on blogs, and make some delicious food of my own!

This morning I was craving something savory because all week I had oatmeal for breakfast.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE oatmeal, and one of these days I will share my go to simple oatmeal breakfast with all of you.  Since I had been gone all week, I had few ingredients to work with this morning, but my Scrambled Egg and Turkey Sandwich was AMAZING.  It is a VERY simple breakfast you can make on the go anytime.  It took very little time, and was SO good, and healthy.  It kept me full for a good amount of time, and I believe my non egg eating husband will even like it! 
Scrambled Egg and Turkey Sandwich


Ingredients:(makes one serving)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 slice turkey lunch meat, cut into small pieces(I used Hillshire Farms oven roasted turkey breast. Hearty slices)
  • 1 Oroweat Sandwich Thin(or whatever bread you prefer. Even english muffin would be delish)
  • I green onion, chopped thin
  • a slice or two of extra sharp cheddar cheese(YUM)
  • dash of garlic powder
  • dash of onion powder
  • salt and pepper to taste

Bad news....I didn't take a single picture through the process because I wanted the food in my mouth pronto! I was hungry! So I will give you the very simple instructions, and you can make it yourself!

First beat the egg in a little dish.  Spray small frying pan with cooking spray.  Turn on medium heat, add beaten egg, diced up turkey, green onion, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.  Stir together, and cook for a few minutes until egg is fully cooked.  Toast sandwich thin, and pile the egg mixture on one slice of the sandwich thin, and top with the other.  Now, eat! MmmMmm!  You don't need anything on the sandwich thin for extra moisture, it is perfect the way it is because of all the yummy cheese.  So simple, and so delicious, I actually am contemplating having it for dinner. ;)  Oh, and by the way I LOVE Oroweat sandwich thins! They are so yummy, and only 100 calories per two slices! They also have a few different kinds, and I usually buy the whole grain, but have tried them all and love them.  I use them all the time, for just about every sandwich I make, even my mini pizzas I make.  You should give them a try if you haven't already!

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite way to eat eggs for breakfast?

I only like scrambled eggs if they are loaded with other yummy things, especially cheese.  I like runny eggs, but the whites HAVE to be cooked completely or it grosses me out!  I love dipping toast in my runny eggs, but I have to admit, I am not very good at frying an egg.  I usually over cook it, or break the yolk in the process.  I could use some tips! :)
Have a great evening everyone, and I will talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!