Monday, December 19, 2011

Coconut Macaroon Bites

Alright I may have a little bad news, maybe?? This recipe is the last sweet treat I have planned to make for the Holidays...there I said it.  My family and I have enjoyed way more treats then usual around the Holidays, and Christmas isn't even here yet!  This blogging has done it to me.  If I gain weight I'll blame it on the blogging, and being REQUIRED to post yummy fattening sweets around the Holidays.  At least I will have something to blame it on rather than just having a sweet tooth. ;)  But seriously, who could pass up a Coconut Macaroon??? And to make myself feel better I made them BITE SIZE! Which means fewer calories and fat because they are smaller, but then again makes you think you can eat more, am I right?! Anyways I'll stop talking about the inevitable weight gain from me baking too much in the kitchen, and I'll show share this amazing recipe!  OH and one more thing, Coconut Macaroons will forever hold a special place in my heart because my Husband and I enjoyed one of these every morning with our coffee in Maui last July sitting on our patio, looking out at the beautiful ocean.  We went for our 4 year anniversary, and loved every minute of it, and these cookies. :)

SO very good!


Prep Time:  10 minutes
Bake Time:  18-22 minutes
Servings:  Makes about 20 cookies
Difficulty: Easy!

Coconut Macaroon Bites
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 cups Flaked Coconut(I used sweetened)
  • 1/3 cup Sugar
  • 2 TBLS All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/8 tsp Salt
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • ½ tsp Vanilla Extract

Preparation:

In a medium mixing bowl stir together coconut, sugar, flour, and salt.


In a small bowl beat together egg whites and vanilla.



Add egg whites and vanilla in with the coconut.  Mix until well combined.





Grease a baking sheet.  Preheat oven to 325ยบ
Drop cookies by slightly heaping teaspoonful onto greased baking sheet. 




Bake in oven for 18-22 minutes.  Mine took 22 minutes.  You decide how brown you would like the bottom and tips of the coconut.  Browning means these will be a little crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside. Perfect!


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!