Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingersnap Oatmeal

Oatmeal is such a quick healthy breakfast with so many variations.  You can practically add anything to a bowl of oatmeal.  It can be sweet or savory because it has such a versatile light flavor.  I have yet to make a savory oatmeal, but maybe one day?  It is also good for you, and a healthy breakfast is the best way to start a morning.  I love oatmeal but I usually get on kicks where I eat it for awhile, then I don't want it for awhile, anyone else like that?  I made this Gingersnap Oatmeal for breakfast this morning, and fell in love, it is SO good, and really tastes pretty close to a gingersnap, just not as sweet.  All the same flavors though, and quite delicious!  If you like oatmeal and Gingersnap Cookies, try this!!
Mmm tasty!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes or until oats are soft and mixture has thickened to your liking
Servings: 1(easily doubled)

Gingersnap Oatmeal
Ingredients:
  • ½ cup Rolled Oats
  • ½ cup Skim Milk(or whatever you have on hand)
  • ¼ cup Water
  • 1 TBSP. Molasses
  • a few shakes Ground Ginger
  • a few shakes Ground Cinnamon
  • a pinch of Ground Cloves
  • a dash of Vanilla Extract
  • a dash of salt

Preparation:
Add Oats, milk, and water to a small pot on the stove.  Cook on medium low, stirring frequently.


Add in Molasses, and the rest of the ingredients.  Stir until it has thickened to your liking.  Will not take long. 


Serve up!  You can add more milk to thin it out a bit at the very end if you like.  I like thick oatmeal. Also, it doesn't end up being very sweet even though I liked it, but add a sweetener if you would like.  Honey would work great!


Enjoy! I know I will make this again, maybe tomorrow, alright talked myself into it.

I found this awesome recipe from Cheap Healthy Good

Have a great Monday!
P.S. for the time being I have decided to take a break from "On My Radar" posts.
Also taking a break from Question of the Day
Hope they will return shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!