Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pretzel Kisses

We all love the baking season right? We love baking up all these goodies for family and friends, but we need some for our self right?? These Pretzel Hugs are the perfect snack WHILE you are baking for family and friends! :)  These are such an easy sweet treat, and have the perfect salty sweet taste.  These will definitely keep you from eating all snacking on the dough of whatever cookies you are making for the Holidays. ;) These are also perfect to make when  you have left over kisses.  The total reason I made them.  I was looking for a quick way to use up the chocolate kisses I had-not that I really needed one because they are easy to just pop in your mouth, but this is more fun, and everyone will love these simple sweet treats!   Once you make these you wont be able to keep them to yourself though because they are so easy and delicious, SO make them for everyone else too, after all it doesn't take long to whip these puppies out!
Pretzel Kisses


Love these!

Prep Time:  about 20 minutes
Cook Time:  Microwave will take at the most 3 minutes
Bake Time:  2 minutes
Servings:  As many chocolate kisses and pretzels as you have on hand
Difficulty:  Easy

Pretzel Kisses
Ingredients:
I made a VERY small batch because I used what I had on hand.  You SHOULD definitely make more than this because they wont last long, so easy to do, just make sure you have two pretzels for each chocolate kiss, and you are good to go!
  • 48 Pretzel Waffles(the small square pretzels)(might as well make a whole bags worth, and up the amount of kisses too :))
  • 24 Hershey Kisses(any kind would work awesome)
  • 2/3 cup Guittard White Chocolate Chips(or white baking chocolate would actually work better)
  • Red and Green Food Coloring
  • TINY bit of milk if needed(I'll explain)

Un wrap the Hershey Kisses.  Place half of the Pretzel Snaps on your baking sheet.


Pre heat oven to 350ยบ.  Place a Hershey Kiss on each pretzel.



Place baking sheet with pretzels and kisses in the oven for 2 minutes, or until the kisses are glossy and turning soft.  You really want to watch this part because if they are in the oven too long the kisses will completely melt, and you will have one big mess(a tasty one though)
Take them out of the oven and immediately press a pretzel square on top of each kiss, pushing down gently so it sticks together.



Now I had a little trouble on this next part, and I guess the reason is that I tried to melt the white chocolate chips too fast.  I also read afterwards that WHITE chocolate chips are the hardest to melt...hmm SO here is what I did, and I'll tell you what I think would be easier.  I melted the white chocolate chips in the microwave at normal power(supposed to be at 50% power I read) do small increments.  30 seconds at a time, and stir in between.  Also the outside of the chips wont be as melted at the inside, so it will fool you and you will think they need more time in the microwave like I did(but they don't, just stir, and they will melt)  I think white baking chocolate would work perfectly for this(but I didn't have it on hand) or you could try a double boiler.  Let me know if any of you have suggestions for this too!



I added food coloring in after I had it melted.  I stirred it and it clumped up, so I added just a tiny bit of milk.  It worked just fine, but I know you can melt them without adding milk.  I read maybe some oil?? Anyone else ran into this problem? I'm pretty new at melting chocolate chips!


Place the pretzel kisses on a flat surface covered in aluminum foil or parchment paper.  After I added quite a bit of food coloring to get the desired color, I put it  into a zip lock bag and piped it onto each pretzel kiss.


So festive!


These are amazing with or without the melted chocolate on top, so it's your call.  I just love how festive it makes them!  Enjoy and please let me know if you make these, and make a big batch for sure!

I found the idea for these on  Cookies and Cups.

Question of the Day:

What are your tips and tricks to melting chocolate chips??
obviously I need all the help I can get.  Have any of you had trouble with melting white chocolate chips??

Follower Shout out! 
Thank you SO much Stephanie at Cookin Cowgirl. (Love your blog!)  I am SO glad you stopped by and I am glad you enjoy my blog! I can't wait to keep in touch! Thanks again! Let's be friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!