Friday, December 16, 2011

Minty Bark Bites

I have never made Bark before, so this was new to me. I have always wanted to make it though, so I am glad I finally got around to it. I've looked at many different Bark recipes online, figured it would be easy, and just went for it.  I decided to switch it up a bit, and make it into individual size bites without having to break it into chunks.  It turned out great! One of these Bites is the perfect amount of chocolatey minty goodness.  They are bigger then one bite, and actually require a few, so the longer you get to enjoy them right? These are SO simple, require very little, and are perfect for ANY Holiday occasion. Please make these soon! :)
Minty Bark Bites


So tasty! I was sad when I saw that my chocolate had little while spots the next day...BOO, oh well they taste just the same.  I am thinking this is caused by air getting to it?? I'll have to look into that!


Prep Time: 20 minutes
No Cook Time
Cooling Time: 20 minutes or until chocolate has set
Servings: Makes 24
Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients:
  • 96 Pretzel Sticks
  • 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips(I used Nestle)
  • 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 1½ cups Mint Chocolate Chips(I used Guittard-green mint chips-such a strong mint flavor!)
  • 8 small Candy Canes
Preparation:
Break 4 Pretzels at a time in half, and place in regular sized muffin pan-filling each hole with eight-halves.


In a microwave safe dish melt semi sweet chips, and milk chocolate(Nestle instructions) chips at 70% power for a minute; stir, then melt 20 second intervals with stirring in between until chips are mostly melted.  You can stir it to melt the last bit of chips.



Spoon by heaping teaspoon into each muffin cup, move spoon around just a bit to make sure chocolate touches every pretzel, but doesn't completely cover them. 


Place in refrigerator until the chocolate has set, until it has hardened up some.
Now melt the mint chips the same way as the other chips(or according to package directions) Spoon mint chocolate on top of the hardened chocolate.  You want less mint chocolate.  Make sure you don't cover the hardened chocolate, you want to be able to see it around the edges.




When you have added mint chocolate to a couple, sprinkle on a little bit of crushed candy cane.  You need to add the candy cane before the mint chocolate dries on the top, which doesn't take long.


Let these sit until chocolate has hardened, or eat one right away when it's soft. :) If you plan on refrigerating these, make sure you take them out 20 minutes or longer before you serve them, otherwise you could loose a tooth, I tried, couldn't wait. :) So fun and cute! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!