Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Creamy Chocolate Mint Fudge

Fudge is a must have during the Holidays around my house.  It is so easy(well sort of ;)) and takes very little time, unless you have to make two batches like me because my Hubby and I messed up the first one.  Oops!  Fudge is SO versatile, you can add so many toppings, to add extra flavor, and of course add some eye appeal :)  I have never made this fudge before, but it wont be my last, it was delicious!  A secret ingredient is marshmallow cream! Who could pass that up?!  It adds a nice chewy texture, the perfect amount.  This fudge would be perfect for a Holiday party, packaging it up for family, friends, or just make a batch for yourself, you need no excuse, go for it! :)
Creamy Chocolate Mint Fudge



I'm in love ;)

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:  20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 36 pieces(a 8x8 inch pan)
Difficulty: easy/medium

Creamy Chocolate Mint Fudge
Ingredients:
  • 1 (7oz.) jar Marshmallow Creme
  • 1½ cups White Sugar
  • 2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
  • ¼ cup Butter
  • ¼ tsp. Salt
  • 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • Mint Chocolate Chips for sprinkling on top(however much you would like)
You have to be very quick with stirring this fudge, and spreading it in the pan.  Our first batch came out with grease on top?? We thought maybe we didn't stir it enough, plus I used two different brands of chocolate chips?? Not sure if that matters or not, but the second batch we stirred the heck out of it, non stop, threw everything in really quick while my hubby kept stirring, used the same brand chocolate chips, and it turned out perfect!  The first batch was fine after it set up, just didn't look as pretty as it should.  :) We are still eating it though.

Preparation:
Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil, up the sides also. Set aside.
In a large pot over medium heat combine marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. 


Still frequently.  Bring to a full boil and stir like crazy for 5 minutes.  Seriously, stir fast and all over the bottom of the pan so it doesn't burn.


Remove from heat and immediately pour in milk chocolate, and semi sweet chocolate chips, and vanilla. Stir quickly until incorporated.  Pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly.  Do this all quickly.  It will start to set up quick so move as fast as you can. 


This is my husband stirring like crazy.


Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.  Cut into desired size and enjoy!
I didn't take many pictures because it is a quick process, and I wanted the fudge to turn out the second time. :) Also I totally forgot to take pictures after I cut it into pieces.  I packaged the pieces up, and sent them for Christmas! But trust me, this fudge is GOOD! 


The mint chips on top, add the perfect touch!  You can add nuts also if you like them...icky not me. :)
Have fun with this and add whatever toppings you would like! If you don't like mint leave off the mint chips!
My In-laws are the ones who get to enjoy this, this Holiday. ;) I can't wait until they open up the little tins we sent them with goodies!

I found this recipe on Allrecipes 

Enjoy this amazing fudge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!