Thursday, December 8, 2011

Spaghetti in White Clam Sauce

Clams anyone?? My Husband and I love clams, especially Clam Chowder, Mmm!  It reminds us of the Oregon Coast that we love so much.  One of these trips over there we want to go clamming, and crabbing.  I want to get all suited up in big rubber boots and rain gear and start digging in the sand.  It would be so great to bring freshly caught clams and crab home!  I have seen recipes for Spaghetti in White Clam Sauce many times and have wanted to try it for so long, finally I got around to making it.  My first thought while making it was if we were really going to like this(the smell of canned clams sort of creeped me out) BUT don't let that fool you because the end result was very tasty!  I am weird about fishy smells of all kinds though, and I know I just have to deal with it because I always end up loving the end result. No sniffing for me.  By the way I smell every thing, almost everything, everything food related for sure though, I'm weird like that. :)  Don't let my rambling about weird smells give you a bad idea about this dish, if you like clams and pasta, I'm pretty darn sure you will enjoy this! Give it a try, just don't sniff the clams in the can ;)

Spaghetti in White Clam Sauce
I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!



Prep Time:  8-10 minutes
Cook Time:  15 minutes
Servings:  4
Difficulty:  Easy

Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
Ingredients:
  • 7oz Spaghetti Noodles-I used Whole Wheat
  • ¼ cup Butter
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbls. chopped Fresh Parsley
  • 2 cans(6.5oz each) Chopped Clams undrained, or minced
  • Additional chopped parsley
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Very few ingredients, and so simple!
Cook Spaghetti as directed on package. 
Meanwhile in medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.  Add chopped garlic and cook just a couple of minutes until light golden color.


Stir in 2 Tbls. parsley and the clams with the juice.

stinky! ;) makes me laugh



Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.


Drain the noodles.  Place noodles in a large serving bowl and pour sauce over spaghetti, toss.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional chopped parsley.
OR if you are like me, pour the sauce into the pot WITH the drained noodles, toss, and serve up one dish at a time topping with parmesan and parsley.  Cinch!




Simple delicious dinner without having to travel to the coast. :)
Enjoy!

I found this recipe in Betty Crocker Heart Health Edition Cookbook.  Love this cook book.

Question of the Day:
Do you get grossed out by certain food smells, but still love eating it? Weird I know. :)

I also hate when foods smell better than they taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!