Monday, October 17, 2011

Best Oatmeal Cookies

The other day when I purchased my CUTE new measuring spoons, I also bought a cookie scoop!!  I know I am probably the ONLY home cook that doesn't have one of these, and I really wish that I had because it is AMAZING!  I absolutely fell in love with it, and can't believe how I went years without it.  It makes like so much easier, and my least favorite part of making cookies, is scooping the dough up, and placing it on the cookie sheets.  I always used two spoons, and they never come out the same size.  I whipped those cookies out on the sheet so fast, it's not even funny.  I had to brag about it to my hubby, and now to you guys.  If you don't have one, which you probably all do, go get one! You will LOVE it!  I found mine at Bed Bath & Beyond for $9.99.  I will be a cooking making machine now, watch out! :)
I asked my husband what kind of cookies he wanted, and he usually says "I don't care, whatever kind you want to make" but this time he instantly said "oatmeal cookies."  I asked what he wanted in them, as in raisins, or nuts...fruit??  He said "nothing but oatmeal."  I thought hmmm, I've never maid plain oatmeal cookies, but I gave it a shot, and OH MAN these were seriously the best ones I have had!! The only oatmeal cookie recipe I will make from now on.  We like our oatmeal cookies, thin, and chewy, and these delivered both!!  You gotta try this recipe!!
These are SO stinkin good!! We had to try one right out of the oven, and it was a little crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy in the middle...Mmmm.  The even better part is that we LOVED them the day after!!  The crispy outer edge turned soft and chewy, so the whole cookie was a mouthful of goodness! I can't get over how good these are. Obviously. :)


Prep Time:  about 15 minutes.  Including putting the cookies on the baking sheet
Cook Time: 9-10 minutes per batch
Servings: my cookie scooper made 39 cookies.
Difficulty:  Easy

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lightly grease baking sheet(s)
In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.  Stir and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs.

Blend together until well combined and creamy.

Slowly add in flour, and blend together.


Add in oats, and mix together with a wooden spoon.


Use your handy dandy cookie scoop to get those cookies on the baking sheet, and in the oven.

Bake until edges are lightly golden, and cookies are thin.  Let rest of cookie sheet for two minutes, and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.  And EAT up!!


and just one more for good measure. :)

I got this recipe from Prepared Pantry
Enjoy!

Question of the Day:


What do you usually put in your Oatmeal Cookies?? If anything??
I love Raisins in mine, but I think this recipe totally rocked, and I may not add raisins anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!