Friday, October 14, 2011

Caesar Shrimp and Pasta

Good morning! It's Friday! :)  Woohoo!  I know sometimes the last thing you want to do when you get home from work is cook a meal.  It would be nice to get home, put the comfy clothes on, and put your feet up!  I want to share the recipe I made last night because it was a cinch!  You could have your feet up in no time, and a delicious meal on the table(please restrain from putting your feet on the table-at least we save that for the couch in my house :))  This meal is simple, and requires very few ingredients.  It's wonderful.  My kind of meal for sure!  Might be yours too, try it out!!
Caesar Shrimp and Pasta
oh YUMMO!



Prep Time: about 15 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes(however long it takes to cook your pasta)
Servings: 6-8
Difficulty: Super duper Easy!


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and de veined
  • 3 cups broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
  • 12 oz medium sized pasta, I used Whole Wheat penne
  • 1/3 cup, plus 3 Tbls light caesar dressing
  • 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes ( I used less because my hubby is a wuss when it comes to heat)
  • parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top

First thing I did, was chop up the broccoli, and set to the side.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add pasta.

In the meantime, peel and de vein shrimp.

Place the 3 Tbls of caesar dressing in a saucepan, and add shrimp, and red pepper flakes.

Cook on medium until shrimp has turned pink. Should take about 5 minutes.

In the last few minutes of the pasta cooking add in the broccoli

Drain pasta and broccoli.  Return to same pot, and add the shrimp, and 1/3 cup of caesar dressing.

Mix together, and turn on low heat if not warm enough.  Sprinkle grated parmesan on top, and chow! Delish, and SO simple! Now go put your feet up because it's Friday!

I got this recipe from Meals Matter

And before I go, I just HAVE to share with you, the CUTE measuring spoons I picked up at Bed Bath & Beyond.  It was love at first sight!


Cute huh?!  So if I use any of the following words, it's justified right?! Tad, Dash, Pinch, or Smidgen! :)

Question of the Day:


Are there any cute cooking gadgets you just HAD to have???

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Those measuring spoons are so cute! Love them! My favorite kitchen tool is my olive oil dispenser with a pour top. It looks pretty on the counter and I use it almost every day. I also have a smaller one that I use as a dish soap dispenser by the sink. It looks nice and is easy to use and re-fill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! I'm not sure I remember seeing your olive oil dispenser?! I'll have to keep a lookout! Us girls need those cute/nice looking things in our kitchens! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!