Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cheese and Jalapeno Corn Bread Muffins

 There is a Barbecue joint in Washington that my Husband and I used to eat at that has amazing corn bread muffins.  There isn't anything special about them, but they are just soft, and a perfectly sweet crust on top.  Mmmm they are good.  I need to experiment with corn bread more because I am sure they would be pretty easy to duplicate.  The muffins I made last night were AMAZING but in their own way.  Cheesy and a little hint of jalapeno, just enough for flavor.  They are perfect, unless you are looking for a sweet corn bread.  My inspiration to make these came from A Cozy Kitchen's blog, and you can find her recipe here, On My Radar #1  She makes her corn bread in a cast iron skillet(which I don't have yet...BOO!)  which I'm sure would be awesome.  I decided to follow the recipe on the back of the Albers Corn Meal box, and add in cheese and a jalapeno.  Delish!  I ate two, one after another, before dinner, they were that good!  Try these, you will love them!
Cheese and Jalapeno Corn Bread Muffins

MmmMmmm!

Prep Time: about 10 minutes
Bake Time:  15 minutes
Servings: makes about 14 muffins
Difficulty: Easy


Cheese and Jalapeno Corn Bread Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Albers White Corn Meal(yellow works just fine, I just had white on hand)
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1/4 cup Sugar
  • 1 Tbls Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil(I used Canola Oil)
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1 1/4 cups Medium Cheddar Cheese, grated, and divided
  • 1 Jalapeno, seeded, and chopped finely

Grate the cheese, clean the seeds out of the jalapeno, and chop.  Spray a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.  Stir, and set aside.

In a small mixing bowl add wet ingredients.  Whisk together.

Add wet ingredients in with the dry. 

 Mix together, just until incorporated.

Gently fold in about 1 cup of the cheese, and jalapeno.

Fill each muffin spot about 2/3 the way full.  Using the last 1/4 cup of cheese, sprinkle it on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Eat two when they are still warm.  It's alright, I promise. :)


Question of the Day:

Are there any recipes on the box or bag of the main ingredient that you swear by??

This one turned out awesome, so I will make this again.  Albert did a good job. :)
The recipe on the Nestle Chocolate Chip bag is pretty delicious too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!