Friday, October 7, 2011

Individual Apple Crisps with Brown Sugar Glaze

After I made the Apple Turnovers I was left with three apples.  I need to use them up pretty quick since I have had them in the fridge for a few weeks now.  Last night I was craving some dessert, and I remembered I had those apples, but wanted to make something semi quick, and a small serving, so I came up with Individual Apple Crisps!  This ended up being the perfect size dessert, and it was SO yummy!  This would be a great dessert if you have about half an hour or so before the real sweetness needing stomach kicks in!  It is fun to prepare, and eat.  Mind you that it does get a little messy on your plate, but what good dessert doesn't?!  If you have an extra apple in the fridge give this a go! 
Individual Apple Crisps with Brown Sugar Glaze
Oh man melt in your mouth sweetness.


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes, or until apples are soft
Servings: 2
Difficulty: Very Easy

Apple Topping
Ingredients:
  • 1 medium size apple( I used Honey Crisp.  You can use whatever you have on hand, I am sure all would be good)
  • 2 Tbls packed brown sugar
  • 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 Tbls butter
  • 2 Tbls quick oats

Brown Sugar Glaze
Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbls packed brown sugar
  • 1 Tbls milk
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Slice apple in half from top to bottom, core(and make sure you get all the core out, otherwise it will be harder to eat) Cut a little piece off the side of both halves of the apple so it has a nice flat surface. This will stop the apple from rolling around. 
In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter.  Mix with a fork. I added more butter after I took this photo.

Add in the quick oats, and mix together.


Place apples in a small casserole dish with the center of the apple facing up, and the little slice off the side facing down, as a stand.  Divide oat mixture in half, and crumble on top of each apple half.

Bake in oven until soft.  I know all apples are different sizes, so just keep an eye on them.  Mine actually split open on the bottom, and at first I thought it was a bad thing, but it ended up making some nice applesauce bites.  When apples are done, take out of oven and let sit while you make the glaze.

In a small bowl add in the brown sugar, milk, and vanilla.  Mix together and you will get a nice glaze.  Adjust milk to change the consistency to your liking.

Drizzle over the warm apple crisps, and you are ready to eat!  Enjoy on the couch cuddled up in a blanket! :)

Wowee, I was proud of myself while eating this ;)

Question of the Day:

 
Have you ever made any single servings of popular dishes?? What did you make, and how did it turn out?

Have a great weekend everyone, it's Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!