Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Crock Pot Barbecue Pulled Chicken

My husband is a huge barbecue fan. The kind of barbecuing that you slave over all day-slow cooking.  :)  You know, a long time ago I received an email, that totally and completely explains how much hard work a man(usually a man, right?) puts into barbecuing.  It really is eye opening. ;)  I actually deleted that email, but I found a very similar version online, and it will get you laughing(male and female) because it is in most cases SO TRUE!!  I found the information below on this site.

When a man offers to cook on the BBQ it does not mean an evening off for his partner, she will often end up working longer than him, it has been found.

A healthy eating campaign say that while men might stand at the BBQ to cook meat, they do very little else.

Wives and partners are normally left to; shop for the food, prepare salads and deserts, set the table, serve the food, clear up and even do the dishes.

A spokesperson for 'Eat in Colour' said: "We are all familiar with the summer ritual. At the first hint of sunshine the nation’s menfolk dash to the garden centre and return triumphant with a sack of charcoal briquettes. 

"Donning a humorous apron they set out to show off their culinary flair and give us the afternoon off. But things don’t really work out that way."
The group even found that most men need a woman to tell them when the meat is ready otherwise they would burn it.

How long is spent working when a man does a BBQ?

WOMEN
30 min  Woman does the shopping
15 min  Woman prepares salads, vegetables and dessert
05 min  Woman sets table 

15 min  Woman serves up food, clears up and does the dishes

Total 1hr05

MEN
15 min  Man places meat on the grill and loiters with a beer
05 min  Man asks woman if she has enjoyed her afternoon off
Total 20min
I hope you all got a kick out of that like I did!  True huh??  I can honestly say that I did ALL the cooking on my Crock pot Barbecue Pulled Chicken, and it was such HARD work ;)  I slaved over it all day...alright, maybe my crock pot is the one who did all the hard work?! :)  Anyways it is not hard at all, and SO good! I shared it with my family, and everyone loved it!
Crock pot Barbecue Pulled Chicken
So delicious!  Perfectly sweet, tangy, and spicy!


Prep Time:  5 minutes
Cook Time:  about 3-4 1/2 hours(on low) I give it a wide time range, because I feel my crock pot cooks really fast.
Servings:  6-8
Difficulty: Easy


Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3/4 of a bottle(18oz)Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and Spicy barbecue sauce (reserve about half a cup to add in after you shred the chicken) I have never measured this, I just go with a medium runny consistency
  • 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing  ( I use Kraft Free Zesty Italian Dressing) not the creamy kind
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbls worcestershire sauce

Really complicated directions here, get ready! ;)  Place the chicken in the crock pot, and top with EVERYTHING!

 Turn chicken to coat in sauce.  Turn on low, and cook until no longer pink inside.  Mine took about 3-3 1/2 hours.  When chicken is done, shred on a cutting board.

Add chicken back to crock pot. 

Add the remaining half cup or so of barbecue sauce. Stir together, and let cook on low for about 10 minutes to warm though.


Serve on a warm bun or roll.  MmmMmm good!!

I found this recipe a long time ago from All Recipes by Zanne Tastic
Question of the Day:

Does your husband "do all the work" when it comes to barbecuing??

My husband and Dad used to be perfect examples of that, until one day a while after we read that email.  We decided to put our foot down, and make them go buy the meat, and season(rub) it.  It is most always their idea of having a barbecue, so we figure hey why not!  They took to it very well actually, and we haven't had to touch the meat since! :)



4 comments:

  1. This looks sooo good!!! I think I'm gonna have to try this one soon! I'm hooked on the crock pot right now. P.s. I love the new "you might also like" widget! I added it to mine now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! It is SO good! Definitely our favorite in my house! I love the crock pot too! Tis the season! :) Glad you added that widget, it helps show off other recipes you've made, and it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just formatted my page for a pin it button too! It's at the bottom of all my posts. I learned how to do it at http://kelseyprantis.blogspot.com/2011/05/add-pinterest-pin-button-to-you-blog.html It's kinda confusing but it works once you get it! You have to read the update at the bottom though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thank you thank you for sharing! I just saw that on your page. Not sure if we need it too much tho because some how people already posted some of mine to pinterest. It probably is easier for them though! I'll have to do it if I can figure it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!