Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Sheesh another pumpkin recipe...YEP! :)  I'm not done with pumpkin either! I still have about 1/2 of a large can left to use!  I'm not tired of eating pumpkin either, so I hope you are not tired of reading about it. :)  This morning was a wonderful morning filled with Pumpkin Pancakes!  I have never made them before, and I thought they turned out delicious!  They are super moist and fluffy, I just couldn't get over that part.  The pumpkin flavor was lacking a bit for me though.  I will definitely make this recipe again but will add a little more pumpkin next time.  This is a great recipe though, and if you want just a hint of pumpkin, this will be perfect for you, and you will love how fluffy they are! 
Pumpkin Pancakes
Mmm! Look at that beautiful color!


Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-6 minutes
Servings: about 5(2 pancakes each)
Difficulty: Easy
I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tbls baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice(I think next time I will add a full tsp)
  • 3 Tbls packed brown sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup oil



In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix and set aside.
In another bowl add brown sugar, milk, and eggs.  Whisk until eggs are mixed in.

Add pumpkin, and oil.  Whisk together.

Slowly add flour until all is incorporated, and most lumps in batter are gone.  Spray non stick skillet lightly with cooking spray, and turn on to medium heat.



Spoon batter into pan using 1/3 cup measurements.  Cook until bubbles form, and sides began to dry out. Flip, and brown for a couple minutes.

Serve and enjoy!! There are so many possibilities for toppings! You can treat them like normal pancakes!  I spread some Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting on one of them, and the other with Pumpkin Butter, and OH MAN were they delicious!! Let me know if you try these, and what you put on them!!



Enjoy!

Question of the Day:

What are your favorite pancake toppings? And if you have ever made pumpkin pancakes, what do you put on them?

Whenever I made pancakes I usually have peanut butter and maple syrup on top, yum! but next time I am going to try some Greek yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!