Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- about 10oz whole grain spaghetti noodles, or regular noodles(I had a 13oz pkg, and almost used it all. I need to get better at measuring these types of things! ;))
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked, and shredded
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbls of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- a pinch of cayenne
- 15oz La Victoria Green Chile enchilada sauce (I had the 19oz can and used more than 3/4 of it, and decided the left over sauce is perfect to add in the leftovers!)
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
Bring salted water to a boil, add pasta, and prepare pasta according to directions. Cook chicken(I boiled mine) and shred, set aside.
Chop up red bell pepper, onion, and mince garlic.
Add olive oil, red peppers, onion, salt, and pepper to a large saucepan. Cook until soft. Add in minced garlic and cook for two minutes more.
Turn stove to medium low and add in the shredded chicken, cumin, cayenne, and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine.
Add in cooked pasta, and top with grated cheese. Stir together, and cook for a few minutes on low until cheese is melted and it's heated through.
Add olives, stir to combine, and dish up! So good! Tastes just like regular enchiladas!
I found the original recipe by the very talented How Sweet It Is.
Question of the Day:
Which enchilada sauce do you like more, red, or green??
I LOVE the green, it is by far my favorite!