Thursday, October 6, 2011

Super Moist Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread

I LOVE me some pumpkin bread! :) Even better when it's whole wheat! I wanted to make a loaf without anything but Pumpkin- no nuts, fruit, or chocolate chips.  I waned PURE pumpkin.  When I make pumpkin, banana, or zucchini bread, I have to make sure it is very moist.  I don't want to have a dry bread that is begging for a topping such as butter.  This bread is so moist and flavorful, that you don't want to spread anything on top, and that is saying something since it is all whole wheat.  You should give this pumpkin bread a go!  You wont be disappointed!
Super Moist Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread
My family and I ate more than half of the loaf before I took these pictures, we couldn't wait! ;)


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
Servings: 10-12 slices
Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree(not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
In a mixing bowl add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix and set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl add brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and honey
Blend together until smooth.

Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mix, blend until smooth.


Pour into greased loaf pan.

Bake, and enjoy the amazing smell throughout your house!  I didn't need my pumpkin scented candle burning that day! :) Enjoy!

I changed the original recipe quite a bit. You can find the original at  Allrecipes.com. from  Colleen Moir.

Question of the Day:
Do you like to spread anything on your loaf breads??

So I say I don't want to HAVE to spread anything on mine, BUT butter is so good on them! Am I right, or am I right?! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please come back soon!